Saturday, February 14, 2004

 
SOoo. It's Valentine's Day. How nice. I've been dealing with a resentment. Not over what you might expect, good reader, but over other family members. Let's just say that this family member has a way of thinking that everything pertaining to the family is automatically under his control. It's irritating, it's frustrating, and it's just not worth getting a resentment over. I've been praying for this person, like I've been taught. That really does work, you know. It's a constant chore, though, as I seem to allow myself to remember and go back through situations, and create and go through imagined situations, too. It all comes back to remembering that I am who I am, and I where I am lacking in some areas, I am also outstanding in others. I know that God will constantly reveal more to me. I also know that I will not reveal more of myself to these others than is absolutely necessary. Selfish? Maybe. Self-defense mechanism going into operation? You damn betcha. I'm moving forward. Walk with me, get out of the way, or get run over. I'm going.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?