Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

I had this dream...

I was in a Sams Club, or Costco, or something. I was with Heidi, for some reason, but we were still being seperated/divorced. For some reason I went off running around the store on my own, because I like to do that. I was wearing rollerblades, because that's a good way to get around a big store that has smooth concrete floors. I found this little pickup truck that was for sale by this old guy; some sort of consignment deal with the store. There was a photocopy of information about the truck. He'd owned it for this many years, driven only so many miles in it, covered it every winter to protect it from snow. It was the perfect used picup truck. He wanted $6152 for it, and for some reason that was a real bargain for whatever kind of mini-sized truck this was. He needed something like $3000 down, which I didn't have, but I'd already taken the keys and loaded the stuff from my other shopping into the bed, and had parked the truck in another location (it had been next to the candles and cinnamon sticks area of the store). So, here I am, heading home in some other vehicle, trying to guess where I'm going to come up with money to pay for this pickup truck that I've loaded with things that I want to buy and have moved to another location on the grounds of the store. Did I mention that I'd neglected to return the keys? Anyway, the trip home was all me explaining to Heidi how great this little truck was, and her being so excited for me that I'd found such a useful little vehicle. Then she asked me how much I'd ask for the Audi, to which I replied "No, this is IN ADDITION to the Audi, not instead of." She got pissy and started making "how are we going to afford that" sounds. Somewhere in there I remember talking to financial people about this. Oh..on my way back through the store to show the paper describing the price and stuff, I hit a slope because the floors weren't level. My skates picked up speed, and I ended up zooming through the restaurant that had sprung up at the front of the store while I had been shopping. I almost ran over a waitress who was carrying a tray full of place settings; the tray was set out like a table for four, with silverware, red chekered napkins, and water glasses. Instead of knocking her over, I did that hockey turn to go from frontwards to backwards and took the tray from here wthout spilling anything. I then had to bleed speed by going back and forth (once I was going frontward again) and ended up trying to brake by "icing" which doesn't work as well on wheeled skates, there being no ICE.I dropped a place setting or two, and handed the rest of the tray back to the waitress, and woke up to go pee and jot this down.

Any of that makes sense to you, you need to see one of them head-shrinker witch doctors like the one I'm seeing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?