Saturday, June 25, 2005

 

Points to ponder.

It's the 25 of June. I'll be 35 in eleven days. Woohoo.

I'm feeling sort of trod-upon right now. I feel like I've given and given and given to that woman, and that she just will never be happy until I'm all used up. I'm about there, I think.

My check has been going into the joint account still, as I'd agreed I'd do until this summer. The plan was that she was going to pay down the debt and things of that nature. I can't say that she hasn't done that; I can say that I got online and was poking through some of the check images, and saw that in the past ten days she'd spent about $500 at various clothing stores, in preparation for the trip to Hawaii that her boyfriend has taken her on. I'm finding that I'm not feeling as generous or kind anymore. In fact, I'm sort of feeling betrayed and cheated. I've purchased almost no clothing in the past two years, I've gone only on work-related trips except for visiting my cousin in Missouri, and the girl in KY here recently, and trips that people have paid for. Dammit, I kept up my end of the bargain. All I'm saying is, if things have been as tight financially as she's been telling me, then what the hell is she doing spending hundreds of dollars at Lane Bryant and Talbots? I'm fucking done. Direct deposits have all been switched to a different bank, and we're going to sit down with an attorney and get this thing put all the way to bed.

Here's what I'm offering:
I take all debt accrued by the two of us during our marriage with the exception of her credit card and her car.
I forfeit my interest in the house and property.
I pay the legal amount of child support (and no more).

You know what? It's a pretty sweet deal. She hasn't had to give up too much of anything. I lived in a basement for ten months and sold my Harley-Davidson. I really would like to be resentment-free on this deal, but right now, I'm wallowing in feeling like I've been shafted. Like I've been stupid. Like a sheep led to the slaughter. I'm done with being in limbo. It's time to move forward.

OH...dad took three of his buddies on a tour of Germany. How nice. His grandchildren don't warrant him honoring his promise to pay for private schooling, though. Fucking welching cheating miserable bastard. Too bad he has no ability to feel guilt or compassion.

Comments:
are you going to be required to pay alimony?

~y.k.
 
For as smart as you are, surprised you didn't see all of this coming before. I wonder why that is.

j.d.
 
She sounds a lot like your father. Interesting similarity.

j.d.
 
Interesting insight, j.d. I'll have to think about that.
 
i don't take advantage of people...i try very hard not to by accident...

i hope i never make you feel this way.

~y.k.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?