Thursday, July 07, 2005

 

It's about bedtime, I guess.

It's been another fairly decent day. Not much in the way of superfluous to report, really. Teaching summer school isn't too bad a gig, really. Today we did an activity that required a lot of coloring and cutting, and I was really amazed at how horribly the kids followed directions. Remember, intrepid reader, that these are the people who will one day be bringing you your medication when you rest in a nursing home. Pray that they don't have to take your temperature the "old fashioned" way. Let's just say that it isn't difficult to see why these kids are in summer school.

Let's talk about that for a minute, eh? We're in a building that's supposed to be air-conditioned. Therefore, it has really small windows. These really keep the room well-insulated when the air-conditioning has been broken for several days. Of course, the condenser unit was leaking last week, so this week we have a nice patch of something that's growing nicely in the little puddle of sunlight, what with the wonderful incubation conditions we have in there. I'm sweating like a two-dollar hooker after a hundred-dollar day by the time I leave to go home. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. One of my kids, DaQuan, can't stay awake to save his life. Maybe a cooler room will help pry his eyes open. I'm about ready to use toothpicks and superglue if the little weasel doesn't start going to bed at a reasonable time.

Some of you emailed me birthday wishes, or left them as messages in my blog comments, so thank you very much. My birthday was nice, and today was nice, and the rest of the week promised to be pleasant, as well. I'm looking forward to seeing my daughters on Sunday. I'll be picking them up from their Ft. Wayne grandmother in the morning, and driving them to my mom's for a week or two of art lessons. They're excited, my mom is excited, and everything is good with the world.

So, for a guy who has had a bumpy road over the last two years, things are sort of nice for the moment. I'm going to do my best to keep from rocking any boats for a while.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?