Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

In other news...

So, it's Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving.  I'm the official turkey fryer guy for this year.  I'm also going to make my French Silk Pie, at the request of my mom and daughters.  I am planning on making spinach dip to go with that King's Hawaiian bread that you scoop out a bowl shape in.  It remains to be determined whether my brother and his family will show up.  As is customary, they are difficult to pin down for functions which include the Schwitzer side of the family.  It sometimes seems rude and thoughtless, but there's no point in getting our panties in a bunch over something like that, right?

I finished helping put up the Christmas display in the lobby of the school this morning.  It took two full days and part of a third morning with six people working to get it up.  As usual.  The thing is huge.  I took pics with my camphone and I'm going to try to find a way to host them somehow so y'all can see what a monstrosity it is.

I'm about to head out for some lunch.  Not entirely sure what I'll have, since I'm not entirely hungry at the moment.  Sort of leaning toward an Arby's sandwich, I think.  Either that, or Subway.  Or something else.  I know I need to eat, but right now, I'd much rather nap.  Ah, well, it'll be nice to have a few days off.

Thursday will be the family dinner, of course.  Friday, I'm planning on taking the girls downtown for the lighting of the Christmas tree at Monument Circle (the reason that Indianapolis is known as "The Circle City, by the way).  I also understand that there are other cool things going on downtown that day, that little girls might enjoy being a part of.  I'm also hoping to do some quality lounging and movie-watching with them, and make tasty foods and just enjoy a generally relaxing weekend.  They're such good girls.  I'm constantly prouder and prouder of them.

Enough for now.  I need to get to foraging if I'm going to have time to eat.  Sort of leaning toward Chinese buffet.  Cheap, and I can get exactly what I want and read by myself.  Happy Holidays to you, dear reader!

--
Is it really truth that we seek, or just a sweet enough lie to settle our minds so we can sleep at night?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?