Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 

Mr. Winston Kitty's bowels.

As you know, I have a cat named Winston.  He's getting close to 14 years old, which classifies him as "geriatric" for felines.  He's been a good Little Buddy.  I noticed this morning that he didn't waken me with his customary locomotive-whistle song of hunger.  I further noticed that he hadn't eaten any of the food that I'd put down for him last night when I got home from work.  I was at the vet's office by 7:15, cat in carrier.  They kept him for the day.  It turned out that he was really constipated.  No, REALLY constipated.  Like, blockage up to the small intestine (that means through the colon and large intestine, first).  They had to sedate him and give him enemas to flush him out.  He'll be kept at the vet's overnight, tonight.  He's going to go on a higher-fiber food, and start taking a tuna-flavored supplement which will help to lubricate his digestive tract.  The doc says he's going to be ok, which good, because he's been my Little Buddy for a long time and I want him to be happy and healthy.  It's been quite a week.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?